Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

4 month update

So this morning we had Jack's 4 month well baby checkup with Dr. Stevens. Have I mentioned how much we love Jack's doctor? Well everytime we leave her office I feel so grateful to have her as our doctor. She is so patient and kind. First things first. Jack weighed in at 17lbs4oz (90th perentile), measured 26.5in long (95th percentile), and his head circumference was in the 75th percentile (don't remember the actual measurement). Dr. Stevens said he is growing great! She reiterated that it is fine for me to supplement with formula as needed and that Jack is already off to a great start. She was impressed that he hasn't really been sick this winter and that I must be passing along good antibodies since he didn't get what I had last week.

We then talked about food...yum! Dr. Stevens told us we could start introducing food anytime between 4-6 months. She answered all our questions and said ultimately it was up to us to decide when to start, but recommended his first food be rice cereal or oatmeal. Somehow Pete and I have it in our heads that rice cereal is gross, so I'm thinking Jack will get oatmeal first. We will probably wait another couple of weeks before starting solids though, we'll see no rush.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

  1. Jack is such a big, healthy boy! Yeah!!! I had the same thoughts about rice cereal - never gave it to David. He does like oatmeal, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear Jack is healthy and growing! :) Can't believe he is 4-months already! Have fun giving him oatmeal for the first time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha! You think rice cereal is gross? I remember you and your brother lapping it up with reckless abandon! And you who turns up her nose at my McDonald's oatmeal or any oatmeal at that! Ha ha ha. You and Pete are great parents.

    ReplyDelete