Jack really doesn't even cry in the car anymore unless he is hungry, but that is understandable. He has some toys in the car that seem to capture most of his attention. Today it was so beautiful outside that Pete and I took Jack and Sidney (our doggy) on a walk around the neighborhood. Jack didn't fuss at all in his stroller and really seemed to enjoy seeing the world from another angle. That was the first time we've has him in a stroller facing forward rather than in his car seat. Hmm what else? Oh yah, Jack rolled over twice Friday morning. He hasn't done it again, but he sure can lift his head up really high now.
Jack is really enjoying his jumper these days and can now actually touch the ground and bounce a little. He figured out how to spin himself around to the different "stations" which pretty cute. Basically he's just a lot of fun to watch grow and learn new things.
We tried feeding Jack some baby oatmeal yesterday morning. He really wasn't interested and just kind of spit how whatever we put in his mouth. I decided to give it another shot tonight after Pete and I had eaten our dinner. Well tonight went a little better, I think he might have swallowed some, but still not great. I know we're still on the early side, so I'll probably try feeding him a little each day and just see how it goes. I know that most of his nutrients should still be coming from milk so this is just getting him use to the idea of solids.
Tonight Pete and I decided to start trying to wean Jack of his swaddle. He's getting to big for most swaddle wraps and once he starts rolling over I want him to be able to sleep whichever way is comfortable for him so, here we go. I wrapped him up with one arm out last night and he slept fine. We tried this about a month ago and didn't have much luck, then I found a new/bigger swaddle wrap that worked really well. Anyway this seems like a good time to wean him since I don't have to work tomorrow and my mom will be around for the next week and a half starting Wednesday, so she can help out if he starts waking up more. Wish us luck....
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Can't wait to see the 3 of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad Jack loves Sophie!! Yay!
ReplyDeleteWhen David got too big for the swaddle, we just straight up stopped doing it. David slept like a champ, though he's always been a good sleeper and he prefers to sleep on his back. I know Jack likes his belly! It's so nice when you don't have to swaddle them for bed anymore. Somehow eliminating that 3 min task makes the bedtime routine seem so much faster!
MORE PICTURES! :-)