Today we made the big calls home to tell our parents about Baby Guzmann! We've been holding out for 2 weeks and were planning to wait until after our first doctor's appointment, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I'm starting to blog after being inspired by Meg's prego blog. I hope it will be a nice way to share what is going on with us, and perhaps get some encouragement and advice, from those we don't get to see everyday.
Well from our calculations I'm about 6 weeks 3 days along. I have an appointment with the nurse on March 2nd to do a bunch of blood work, then we are meeting with my doctor on March 8th. I'm so glad that I just recently had my "well woman" exam with my new doctor, and I really liked her. She is young and seemed very easy to talk to, which is exactly what I wanted. At the time I had no idea that I would be making an appointment to come back so soon. When I left though she said, "well I hope you call me soon!" Crazy!
Just a short recap....I returned home from Denver on Feb. 2nd with a suspicion that I could be pregnant. I am not very patient though so on the way home from the airport I stopped and picked up a pregnancy test, then sat at home waiting and waiting and waiting for Pete to get home from school. As soon as he got home I took the test and we both sat in shock for a little while. I think we are both still in shock about how quickly this all happened, but very excited for the future.
Now fast forward....I was feeling great thinking this pregnancy thing wasn't so bad. I felt tired and had to use the restroom a lot, but no big deal. Well those thoughts ended about the time I was flying to NY this week. The 3 1/2 hour flight about did me in, especially the cab ride to my hotel with the driver slamming on his brakes. I felt like I had the worst sea sickness ever. I was so hungry/tired/cranky that I just laid in my hotel room for about 10 minutes before I pulled myself together and went to look for some dinner. Thankfully Pete got out of class and called me as I was sitting down in the restaurant. He took my mind off everything and amazingly I was able to eat my entire dinner and feel much better. I read some articles that said not to go to bed right after eating though so I took a quick walk around Bryant Park, then straight to bed. It seems like if I keep eating small snacks during the day and don't stand too much I feel pretty much ok. The long flight home on Friday night about did me in though, and it took most of Saturday to feel human again. This is my first full week of work feeling crummy, so hopefully it goes ok.
Anyway, I'm off to go buy some groceries for the week. Love to you all!


No comments:
Post a Comment