Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Product Review

With our recent trip to Michigan, there were several items that I packed that I felt were so great that I would do a blog post just on them so that I could share with anyone that might be interested.  First of all keep in mind that on the way back home it was just Jack and I on the plane together, so I needed to pack "lightly" and efficiently.

After lots of deliberations, I purchased a new stroller for the trip.  Jack and I "test drove" several different models at our local Babies R Us before deciding on the Chicco Liteway stroller:
pTRU1-7527692dt.jpg

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4089527

This stroller was wonderful!  It is so lite, folds up very small, had great support, can recline all the way down for babies (although Jack wanted to be up to see what was going on), and is easy to fold with just one hand (and foot).  I was also impressed by how easily I could maneuver it with just one hand.

The next "essential item" was these Tommee Tippee bottles and formula dispensers:

pTRU1-6946798_alternate1_dt.jpg


pTRU1-6945709_alternate1_dt.jpg

While these bottles are more expensive that your average bottle ($19 for 2), I think they were worth every penny.  The formula dispenser fits so nicely inside the bottle allowing you to keep it fresh.  I just filled 4 bottles with 6oz of water, put the formula inside the dispenser and put them inside my Medela cooler bag (just to hold them, not to keep them cool).  I have never seen anything like this and so many people commented how nice and compact the bottles were.  I planned to breastfeed when I could on the trip, but I wanted this bottles in case it wasn't practical or I felt uncomfortable doing it with people so close, like on the airplane.

Lastly, I purchased this Skip Hop diaper changing wallet:

pTRU1-3771705_alternate1_dt.jpg

I wanted a changing pad that would fully cover any public changing tables (or floors) that I would need to use on the trip.  This one provided just that, plus it gives easy access to diapers and wipes.  I just tucked this into the front pocket of my backpack and voila! I had a new diaper bag for the trip.  This wasn't really a necessity, but I sure found it handy.

I hope this helps anyone planning to travel with a baby in the future.  I learned a lot of tricks and figured out what did and did not work.  I'm not sure when we'll fly again, but I have a good idea of how I can make it a little easier on all of us next time.  First and foremost, make sure Pete is with me!

2 comments:

  1. What about the PeaPod? Now that is a nifty item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's helpful to write down what works so you can remember for any future babies (ahem). I'm keeping a running list! :-)

    What I find crazy about traveling is that David has been on 10 flights now and I've brought different stuff each time. There are new challenges as David becomes more mobile, talkative, more particular about where he naps, etc. I guess that's the thing about raising a child - there are new rewards, but also new challenges at each stage!

    Now that we're in DC, I do have to say I'm obsessed with the PeaPod. I'm so glad I didn't buy a Pack 'N Play. I'm lovin' this tent! ;-)

    ReplyDelete