Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

7 months!!!

I'm feeling a lot of pressure with respect to this blog entry since I've been slacking so much lately, but believe me I have been soooo busy and trying to spend every minute I am hope with Pete and Jack.  I also blame the fact that I'm not riding the bus to work anymore and that was when I wrote most of my entries.  I just decided that I could get home faster if I drove and I really missed listening to the radio in the morning too :)  So here is a quick recap of the last month and a half or so....



Jack is a boy on-the-go.  He is constantly moving and exploring new things.  It is so fun to just watch him play with his toys and figure out new things.  He is really getting a "grasp" on his fine motor skills and really picks things up rather than always just slapping them until they manage to get into his hand.  He is army crawling all over the house and no room seems to be off limits to him.  Where ever we go, he's right behind us!  I love how fast he moves, it's so funny to watch.  As of this past weekend he even figured out how to go from belly to sitting up all on his own.  Jack had 1 or 2 more ear infections since my last post which has been tough, but he's really strong and is back to being healthy now.  It sounds like one more ear infection and we'll probably need to see an ENT about tubes, but we'll deal with that if the time comes.

Ok, I just looked back at my pictures since the 6 month one was taken to help me put together a recap of past events.  We took Jack to San Antonio for the first time to visit my cousin Christa, her husband Chad, and their sons Drew and Adam.  Adam was just about 2 weeks old and we were so excited to meet him!  He's such a little cutie and I loved getting to hold him :)  We even visited the Easter Bunny on the trip.  Drew was so good with Jack and we had a lot of fun!


And here is a picture of 2 week old Adam:

The following weekend we headed to Georgetown to visit Grandma and Grandpa Guzmann for Easter.  We also had a fun celebration for Sean and Lindsey's engagement!

I must say that I think Jack was pretty darn cute in his seersucker suit that one of my coworkers gave him.

 

The next weekend we stayed home and went to my friends Long & Tommy's crawfish boil.  It was so much and the crawfish were delicious!  Jack loved being held by so many of my girlfriends.  Unfortunately my hands were messy from the crawfish most of the day and it was super hot outside so I didn't actually take any pictures.  Here is a picture of one of Jack's favorite things to do...play with his toys!

Up next was Mother's Day weekend.  It was so nice to be spoiled by my boys for the day.  They went to the grocery store first thing in the morning and brought home supplies to make blueberry pancakes, turkey bacon, a card, and some pretty flowers.  They also got me a Mother's Love charm for my bracelet and a massage gift certificate which I am hoping to use this Friday!  Below is a picture of my babies all cozy on the couch.

We celebrated Mother's Day with Christa, Chad, Drew, Adam, and Chad's Mom Donna.  We had a fun afternoon of swimming with the adults getting a bit too much sun!  We also had a great dinner cooked by Chad.

This picture cracks me up.  It's like Jack is saying "What part don't you understand!" and Adam is in the background taking it all in.

Up next we headed back to Georgetown for a weekend of fun.  Jack go to spend all day Saturday and overnight being spoiled by his Grandparents while Pete and I enjoyed a day/night to ourselves downtown Austin.  We went to the gym, Hula Hut for drinks and lunch, drove around downtown a bit, hung out at the Omni's pool, went to dinner, had some more drinks, and crashed!  I think we slept for about 10 hours, it was AMAZING!  We woke up refreshed  and excited to go back to pick up our little man.

This past weekend my brother came to town.  Although we were all a bit sick this weekend we had a lot of fun.  Jack loves his Uncle Brad!  Brad was so great with Jack including changing a really nasty diaper and cleaning up all the mess that went along with it while we were at work on Friday.  He even fed Jack several times which was a nice break for us.  Friday afternoon Brad and I took Jack to the Houston Children's Museum.  It was so cool and I'm sure Uncle Brad will want to go back soon.  Here are a few pictures from the museum:





Also this weekend we went to the Old Town Spring Crawfish Festival (have you noticed that we love crawfish yet?).  A bunch of friends all met us at the Festival and we had a lot of fun despite the heat and humidity.

Jack really wanted to ride the carousel...hahaha!



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I am glad the updates are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!! Sounds like you had a fun-filled month!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thanks for the update! Your family is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack is getting so big, Melissa! I bet you guys are having a blast with him at this age! Hope you are having a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete