Today Jack is officially 8 months old.... 2/3 of the way through his first year. WOW!!!!
Jack is really starting to show his sparkling personality more and more every day. He is definitely a boy on the go, crawling everywhere in sight and even out of sight sometimes. He started really crawling officially a couple of weeks ago and only uses his "scooting" technique when he's in a big hurry to get somewhere. He especially likes looking around in the refrigerator and trying to play in the dishwasher. He also loves to show mommy and daddy where any power cords are accessible to him still and try to eat our shoes (GROSS!). It's a good thing I'm not OCD about cleanliness or I'd be going nuts right about now.
Jack has been very healthy the past couple of weeks and we're hoping that continues through the summer and that we are done with colds and ear infections for at least a little while. Jack has acquired several nicknames in his first 8 months of life including: Bud, Little Guy, Monster, Jack Attack (when he is grabbing at our faces and hair), and I'm sure a few others I'm not remembering right now.
At this stage Jack usually sleep from 8pm - 6am straight through (yeah!). He cries a bit each night before falling asleep, but I know he is just getting situated and he is definitely ready for bed by 8pm. It's hard that we only get to spend about 2 hours each night together, but we definitely make the most of our time and have a lot of fun playing peak-a-boo and with toys. Jack also loves to eat still, especially his veggies like green beans. Over the past month he has developed a rash on his cheeks and chin which I'm not really sure what to attribute that too. I had bought different soaps for him when it started and he was eating more fruits. Anyway we went back to the original soap and kind of cut back the fruits for now. The doctor also recommend Aquaphor lotion for his face. So far I'm not sure it has gotten any better, but thankfully he doesn't seem bothered by it.
What else? Have I told you how much we love this little guy. Jack is such a joy for Pete and I. We have great entertainment each day from Jack. He is "talking" a lot more this month too. He likes to say "mamamamama" and "bababababa" and if Daddy's lucky "dadadadada". I love when I have him on the changing table and he says mamamama as if he is actually saying Mama, but then I had him to Pete and he says the same thing to him...bummer!

Jack is sooooooo cute! Love the nicknames!
ReplyDelete