Well after taking a nice break, I'm ready to get back to blogging. It just seems like there is so much going on I want to blog about, but then I think well no one really cares about that stuff. Last week was so great to have Pete home with Jack and me all week. Sadly he had to go back to work yesterday, but thankfully my parents are here this week and next to help out and spend time with us. We definitely can use the help too! It's nice to have another set of hands to hold Jack so that I can get a shower or eat or just take a nap. It's also nice that they can be perfectly content just reading books or watching tv because while I like to get out of the house each day, these trips are still pretty short and I'd much rather just stay home. It just is a bit exhausting trying to plan out when Jack needs to eat and I'd still rather feed him at home as much as possible rather than having to nurse him in public. I did nurse him in public once though and it wasn't really that stressful, but we'll work on that later. I am also really grossed out by public bathrooms in general so that idea of changing a diaper in one kind of freaks me out. I know, I'll need to get over that one too. So far Pete has changed Jack's diaper in the JC Penney batheroom and the backseat of his car. The car one was funny because we went to Jared to get my anniversary present (another "wedding band" for the top of my ring) and Jack started flipping out. Pete took him outside and changed his diaper while some construction workers looked at him and laughed a little bit. Jack was screaming bloody murder until his diaper was changed, then he fell asleep peacefully.
So Pete just left for work and my mom just got back from her morning walk with Sidney. Thankfully someone is showing our doggy some love. Jack's first "well baby" doctor's appointment is at 10:20 this morning, then I think we're going to run over to Babies 'R Us to look for a halloween costume for him. Originally I was just going to get a pumpkin costume, but since we've affectionately nicknamed him "Little Monster", Pete and I were thinking something more in the monster category. We'll see what we can find though because I certainly am not spending a ton of money on a costume for a baby.

Have fun! I have seen a lot of cute costumes for babies. :)
ReplyDeleteNursing in public will be easier once Jack becomes more efficient and doesn't take as long to eat. I don't think I really nursed in public until David was about 2 months old. (Shows you how much I was going out, hehe.) Now David can eat (on both sides no less) in 5-10 minutes. SO much easier!
ReplyDeleteI'm grossed out by public bathrooms, too. I change David in the car. Awkward, but it works. That's a hilarious story about Pete! LOL!
I'm sure you'll find something cute! Old Navy has cute, cheap costumes...but they may be a little big for lil Jack.
LOVE that you call him "Little Monster." We called David, "Little Man."
Oh, and I do care to hear everything you're thinking! Definitely takes me back! I thought the exact same things as you!!! It just keeps getting more fun each day.
Say hi to Grandma and Grandpa May for me!
Love you!
We got Jack and adorable "monster" costume on clearance at Babies R Us. It was only $7.50!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you found a costume! Can't wait to see photos. I am grossed out about public bathrooms too. We carry sanitizer everywhere. :)
ReplyDelete