This morning Jack and I met up with some other moms and their babies at Memorial Hermann Hospital in The Woodlands. They have a weekly support group for mothers that I read about on the internet. There were 6 other mommies and babies. The only unfortunate thing was that all the babies at their Halloween costumes, but since it was our first time we didn't know to bring ours...oh well. The other moms were all pretty nice and I'm guessing they were about my age if not a few years older. The babies ranged from 2.5 weeks (Jack) to 5 months I think. It was so neat to see how independent and mobile the older babies were. Jack did pretty good although he was pretty fussy and needed to be held the entire time. We also took a few feeding breaks not because I really thought he was hungry, but I think it calmed him down in an unfamiliar setting (although what really is familiar at this young). They had a bunch of fitness balls in the room so I bounced on one for a bit which Jack seemed to like. I think I'll have to try that at home too. One of the moms invited us all out for a walk on Friday morning with our babies. I think I'll join them. I'm not suppose to exercise yet according to the doctor, but I don't really think we'll be power walking!
Last night Pete and I decided it was time for Jack to move into his room. Night time has been rough at our house and we really needed our bedroom back for ourselves. This is mostly because Pete has to go to work and really does need some sleep (at least I can nap theoretically), and I am sick of having to tip toe around our room at night. Well Jack did ok I guess. We made it through at least and we both survived.
Round 1:
I fed Jack at 8pm, Pete changed his diaper, we swaddled him, then I rocked him in the rocking chair. Just when I thought he was asleep I carefully transferred him to his crib. 5 minutes later he was crying. I went back picked him up to get him to calm down and he acted like he was hungry. Hmm....I thought he had eaten pretty well, but I fed him somemore anyway. This time I let him sleep in my arms for about 10 minutes, then put him in his crib. I came back out to the living room with the baby monitor and kept expecting Jack to cry again, but he actually was asleep. I think it took about 1-1.5 hours to get him to sleep.
Round 2:
Jack woke up crying at 12:45am. I went into his room , changed his diaper, fed him, rocked him until I thought he was asleep, left the room. I think it only took him a few minutes to start crying this time. So I rocked him some more, then laid on his floor for a bit until I was sure he was asleep. The whole process took about 1.5 hours.
Round 3:
Jack woke up crying at 4am. Ahhh I was really hoping to make it to at least 4:30 for some reason. Oh well, diaper change, swaddle, feeding, rocking. I can't remember what happened after that because I laid down on the floor and fell asleep for awhile. I went back to our bed around 5:30am.
Round 4:
Crying at 6ish. Pete offered to go rock him for a bit before he left for work, but when he got down to Jack's room he had already stopped crying. I slept. Then around 7ish crying started again and Pete changed the diaper and brought Jack back to me. I was so exhausted at this point and knew we needed to get going kind of early this morning to make it to the mommy group so figured I'd just feed Jack in our bed and hopefully we'd both get a little more sleep that way. Well Jack and I snuggled in our bed and finally got up around 8:20am.
Needless to say I'm exhausted and my baby is sleeping finally now so I need to take advantage of the peace and quiet. I'm off to nap now :)

Yay for mommy groups! They've been my lifesavers here. Hope you connect with the other mommas!
ReplyDelete