Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

It's a boy!!!

Well not only is Baby Guzmann progressing wonderfully in the womb, but we now know that he is a HE! That's right, we're having a boy!  We weren't for sure that we'd have an ultrasound today since last time I was at the doctor's office they said this would be a quick/boring appointment.  Well I made Pete come with me just in case they "did something cool."  The appointment was at 9:30am, and the nurse brought us to the bank right away.  I did the typical, trip to the restroom, then met Pete in the room where the nurse checked my weight, blood pressure, and we got to hear Baby's heartbeat.  It was a strong 176b.p.m...wow even faster than last time!  The nurse told us there was no way the doctor would be able to tell us the baby's sex today, but that she would be in shortly to visit with us.  We were a bit disappointed but just glad everything seemed to be going well.  Then we waited, and waited, and waited until the Doctor finally came in at 10:15.....ahhh!  I've said it before, but I really like my Doctor.  She is young and very friendly.  She said I am doing perfectly and just keep doing what I'm doing.  When she asked if we had any questions for her Pete asked right away when we could find out the baby's sex.  She said well you're just about 16 weeks, we could check now if you want.  Let me think about that for a second....um YES!  So we ran across the hall to the ultrasound room and right away she said she knew what it was.  Then she typed BOY on the screen and showed us what she was looking at.  I think Pete and I were just so excited, but I'm pretty sure neither of us had a clue what she was pointing out.  Baby didn't really cooperate for any good pictures, so for now I'll hold off on posting them.  That and I'm tired and ready for bed.  We've also decided to share our Baby's name with you all.  His name is....drum roll please!!!!

Jack Thomas Guzmann

I just finished packing my bag and getting some good snacks for my trip tomorrow.  I'm headed to sunny Santa Barbara, California tomorrow!  I'm really excited about this trip especially because its a chance to stay at my favorite hotel in the world, the Four Seasons Santa Barbara:  http://www.fourseasons.com/santabarbara/  The Kardashian sisters actually stayed here when Kourtney was pregnant, so I feel like we really have a connection.....hahaha j/k, but I really love this hotel.

Love to you all, I'll trying posting from Cali!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's sooo exciting! (Chris and I are selfishly excited that David will have a 'lil buddy!) I absolutely ADORE the name!

    We can't wait to meet you, Jack!

    Love,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Melissa and Pete!! Boys are fun!! I love the name!!:)

    ReplyDelete