Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day-to-day

I was reminded today that some of my currently pregnant friends read my blog on occasion. Well this entry is for them more than anyone, and just an update for the rest of y'all.

I think I was a bit frustrated and overwhelmed the first month or so after Jack was born, especially after my parents left and Pete went back to work. I knew at the time these feelings were normal and all, but I just felt clueless on how to make Jack comfortable and all. Well it's not like we have it all figured out now, but I can honestly say that at 2.5 months things are pretty darn fun. Jack still cries, but I feel like I can pretty much figure out a way to soothe him now and that doesn't always have to mean nursing him. We are getting in a nice rhythm with naps, yet Jack is still flexible enough to go with the flow. The only really rigid thing is that he likes to eat every 3 hours during the day. Luckily after his 8pm feeding he is pretty much good to go until about 7am (sometimes earlier though at like 5am).

One fun thing we did today was play with a little rattle. If I put it in Jack's hand and curl his fingers around it he is strong enough now to hold on and shake it a bit. This morning he was all smiles when we were playing.

I am starting to get a bit sad knowing that my time off work is coming to an end soon. It will be hard to only see my little guy a few hours a day during the week. I've always looked forward to the weekends, but I think they will have a whole new meaning now.

Today Jack and I finished up our grocery shopping for Daddy and a few last minute things for our family. I finally got to Kroger to buy a 10lb ham for our big feast on Christmas! Tomorrow I am taking Jack over to Ken and Donna Bandilla's house so that they can meet him. Ken and Donna are Chad, Christa's husband's parents. It is so nice having them in Houston. Ken is even coming over for Christmas dinner this year because Donna has to work.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment