Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Diaper survey

We have been so lucky in that we haven't had to buy any diapers or wipes yet.  You might remember that my office threw me a diaper/wipes shower back in September. Well they loaded us up great!  I returned a few boxes when Jack outgrew the size, but we still have several packs left before we have to start buying them ourselves.  So I am starting to do a little research and figure out how much these things actually cost...wow!  Also I'm starting to keep track of the coupons we seem to get in the mail everyday.  So far we've used Pampers Swaddlers, Luvs, and Huggies.  The Pampers are what we have the most of and really liked the couple of packs that had the wetness indicator on them.  Some of them don't have it though and based on my research the new ones are with Dry Max and don't have the indicator stripe.  I really like the Luvs diapers although I'm not crazy about the "plastic" feel of them.  The Huggies seem a bit to narrow in the but area for Jack, but that could just be because we were using too small a size.  I made the decision yesterday that we were making the move up to size 2 despite having just opened a package of size 1's.  Normally I would prefer to finish up the package, but too many leaks and they are leaving marks on Jack's legs.  I'll just give them away to someone that can use them.

So, what are your favorite diapers?  Has anyone tried any of the generic diapers?  I read a review of the Target ones saying they were really good, but don't have any of them on hand to try out quite yet.  Anyway please comment with any personal reviews.  I know it really varies on the baby, but I'd be interested in your opinions.

3 comments:

  1. I used cloth diapers on my precious babies bottoms!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a Costco membership and have bought all of our diapers there. I love it because we buy one huge box that lasts us a couple of months. You'll realize that diapers go further as they get older. I don't remember when that happens. Are you still changing him at night? Anyway, once he stops pooping at night, you'll use less diapers.

    So, we always buy from Costco, which means the 1s were Kirkland brand and the 2s and 3s are Huggies. I've never thought much about them. Both seem to work just fine. I didn't know about wetness indicators! I guess I just have a routine for when I change his diapers - wake up, before nap, after nap, sometime in the afternoon, obviously whenever he poops, and then before bed.

    Good luck!

    Mrs. May - I think I'm going to figure out cloth diapers with my next baby. I feel sick thinking about the amount of diapers we're sending to a landfill. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and it should be noted that David has never had a diaper rash, so I guess they're pretty good at keeping him dry. (Knock on wood.) I don't know what to do with all this butt ointment I have!

    ReplyDelete