Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

First appointment = Success!

Finally, we have proof that there really is a baby in there.  Pete also got the great experience of witnessing his first pap smear and pelvic exam...lucky him!  All of the blood tests from last week came back perfect and Baby was measuring right on track.  We got to see Baby's heartbeating super fast (which is normal) and moving his/her arms like crazy.  I think Baby liked it when I laughed too.  Baby has a big head, but that doctor said that is normal for right now.  The doctor even showed us where the umbilical cord will attach to the uterus.  In case I haven't said this yet, our due date is 10/14/10.  I'm thinking it would be pretty cool for Baby's Birthday to be 10/10/10 though, so we'll work on that :)

Now the part you are waiting for, Baby Guzmann's photo debut:










My next appointment is in 4 weeks on April 5th.  At the next appointment we should be able to hear Baby's heartbeat!  Our doctor said she gets anxious around week 16 and usually does an ultrasound because she wants to know if its a boy or girl.  Then of course we can decide if we want to know.  We always said we wouldn't want to know, but now that this is really happening I think we might find out.  We'll figure it out one of these days though.  Thanks to everyone who sent us sweet notes today, its great to be able to share this experience with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment