So I'm only really a couple days late on this. I promise to update more once I really have interesting things to say, but for now my typical day includes:
1) snoozing the alarm clock 3 times every morning
2) showering, eating a bunch of crackers, getting ready for work
3) riding the bus downtown
4) 9-10 hours of work
5) back on the bus
6) laying on the couch
7) bed
Hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be able to resume a few more "fun" things in life. Last night we did meet up with Lisa to watching the UT vs. Rice baseball game at Minute Maid Park. It was a lot of fun even though we were freezing. Also, I just found out I'll be headed back to NYC for work March 15-19. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this trip is much better than the last one. I might not be able to drink green beer, but I'm sure I'll find some fun to be had. I never realized how much my profession involves drinking until I became pregnant. No doubt I will go out with some coworkers for "drinks" on St. Patty's Day, but how do you fake drinking green beer? Oh wait, I forgot about a little thing in my back pocket called Lent......"Oh no thanks, I gave up alcohol for Lent." Now they will probably think I have a drinking problem if I needed to give that up, but they'll figure it out later.......
Other news from the week is that I had my first appointment with the nurse on Tuesday. Mostly it was just an appointment to do some blood/urine tests, can't remember at this point what all they are checking for but I'm sure I'll find out with the results on Monday when we go back to see the DOCTOR!! I can't say I've ever been excited to go to the doctor's office, but I definitely am for this one (even Pete said how excited he was the other day!). The nurse gave me some useful information including a list of medicines that are safe to take while pregnant in case I get sick, lots of books and magazines, and information about the hospital I will deliver in which is St. Luke's in The Woodlands. I did a little research on the hospital at work this week and it looks like they offer a bunch of different "first time parents" classes, so I'm sure we'll try to take advantage.
Well Pete has midterms next week so is doing a lot of studying this weekend. I think that I should only be respectful and get out of the house to get my nails done and do some shopping.... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment