Next up, finding a way to sleep on my side more comfortably. I've been doing some research and decided to go with this Amy Coe snuggle sleeper. I found it at Babies R Us, and combined with my 20% off coupon from a trip there last month it was pretty reasonable. I can't wait to try it out tonight! I think I'll try using the long end to support my back and put the "top of the candy cane" between my knees.

Pete and I also finished up a quick bathroom renovation project we started while Gary & Cheryl were in town last weekend. The boys removed the doors from the shower in favor of a shower curtain. Not only do I hate cleaning shower doors, but I think this will be very helpful for giving Jack a bath in the tub one of these days. It will be nice to sit on the edge of the tub and just have more arm room to reach for a splashing baby. Cheryl and I had fun picking out that brushed nickel shower rod and hooks, and the shower curtain goes perfectly with the existing Smile Sign (a shower present from Kelli Jo) and blue rugs/trash can. I think the shower curtain also makes the bathroom look a little bigger too.



And this is for you Cheryl. When removing the doors we were left with a few holes in the shower surround from screws. For those I was able to order little white "buttons" online that fit perfectly and really don't look bad at all. There was also a small crack on one side that needed to be sealed, but I think Pete and I did a good job sealing it with caulk. It's not perfect, but it does the trick and no one will ever see it because the shower curtain hides it. See "the fix" below.
And last, but not least....Pete and I met up with our friend Lisa last night at a local wine bar to see Girl Friday perform. Girl Friday is the wife of one of my bosses from work. She was awesome and we had a great time. Here is picture of Lisa, Pete, Lisa (Girl Friday), and Me! Here is a Link to Girl Friday's music: http://www.reverbnation.com/girlfridaymusic#



I love the Baby Bjorn - especially now since David can hold his head up. I definitely think some sort of carrier is a must. My Seattle friends love the Ergo (also expensive). I think the Mei Tai's (spelling? oh, and not the drink) look easy to use. Again, expensive. You got a fantastic deal on the Bjorn! You won't be out much if it doesn't work for you. Good work!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, that pillow looks AMAZING! I never had one, but am now thinking I should have. Looks like it'll really help you get comfortable - now that you're growing and growing! Yay! You look fabulous!!
I can't wait to see you in a week!
Love ya!
Meg