So, last week I noticed that Kroger has an "expectant mother" parking space in the lot. I think that is so cute and thoughtful. Anyway I went to Kroger tonight for our regular groceries, but the space was occupied (I didn't really care since the one next to it was open and there was probably another expectant mother taking advantage of the primo spot). I ran around the store getting the food we needed for the week and was pushing my cart out to the car. Walking past the Expectant Mothers spot to get to my car I noticed a man sitting in a big van in the spot. Hmmm....I thought to myself, but I just wanted to get home and figured it wasn't my place to say anything. That was until he rolled down his window and started talking to me.
Man: Well hunny looks like you're expecting.
Me: Why yes I am, and congratulations to you as well.
Man: (confused look on face)
Me: (Continued loading groceries into trunk and give him no eye contact but point to parking space sign)
Man: Oh not me hunny there just weren't any other parking spaces
Me: (look around noticing hundreds of parking spaces as this is Sunday at 7pm, no comment continue loading groceries into car)
Man: Are you having a boy or a girl?
Me: (done loading and ready to go home) Well I don't think it much matters if its a boy or a girl, as long as its healthy. (exit parking lot)
Seriously, just let pregnant women have that one spot. I wouldn't even judge a woman that doesn't noticeably look pregnant for parking there because you can't always tell from the outside, but a man...ugh!
Also I have noticed that when strangers ask if I am having a boy or a girl that I never tell them. Somethings I just think are allowed to be private. I don't mind telling friends, family, or anyone I am at all acquainted with but random strangers don't need to know.
Ok, enough ranting and raving. This was a very fun weekend at home. Pete studied quite a bit for his midterm tomorrow, but that gave me a chance to relax and do some reading. Yesterday we hung out at John's pool during the day, then met up with some friends for dinner, and had people over to our house for the UFC fight (not my idea of fun, but good to see some friends). Then today after church we went to a wedding shower for our friends John and Kelly.
Afterwards we stopped by Half Price Books to load up on some new reading material. I was happy to find a copy of "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" which is La Leche League's tell all book on breastfeeding. I have been doing research on LLL lately and even talked to a leader from The Woodlands League on Friday for a few minutes. They actually have meetings at 7pm on Thursdays once a month which is great! The Leader encouraged me to start coming whenever I was available since it could only help. Unfortunately I already had plans the night of this month's meeting, and next month we have Childbirth class on Thursday nights, and in August we will be in Myrtle Beach, but I am going to make it a point to go to the meeting in September. I have done a lot of research on the benefits of breastfeeding for the mother and baby and Pete has encouraged me to find out as much as I can. Luckily my Mom is a great resource for breastfeeding since she did it with Me and Brad. At first I was a little overwhelmed thinking about the stress of having to pump at work, etc but I am trying to be open minded. I really want to make it work for our family and provide my baby with the most nutritious start to life possible.
Pete is headed to Chicago this week so that means party time for me! Well maybe not, but I am taking the opportunity to meet up with some of my girlfriends on Wednesday and Thursday night which I'm looking forward to. Have a great week everyone!

So nice of Kroger to have a spot for you! Too bad some people have to ruin it....arg.
ReplyDeleteThere will be challenges with breastfeeding and working, but I'm sure you'll figure out what works best for you and little Jack!
-Meg