Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 3, 2010

21 week Doc Appointment

This morning I completed the 2nd half of last weeks appointment. Since the ultrasound ran late and I needed to get to the airport I never got to see Dr. Frome last week. Anyway today went really well. I got there at 8:40am for my 9am appointment hoping I could get in and out quickly. As soon as I checked in the nurse called me back...sweet! Oh and before that a woman in the waiting room told me I was the prettiest prego she's seen, great start to the day!

Jack's heart rate was a strong 160bpm, my blood pressure was great, weight gain while slightly scary for me was right on track, and my belly measurements were good. The doctor said that Jack is indeed a big boy, but really only measuring a week ahead right now. She says that since I had an early ultrasound she doesn't see any need to adjust my due date, but we'll get to have another ultrasound in about 6 weeks just to check. Also she said because I'm tall and there is "lots" of room for Jack to grow it wouldn't be abnormal to have a slightly larger baby.

The conclusion of the appointment was just to keep on keeping on. She said boring is good, so on that note I'll be back in another 4 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad doctor appointment part 2 went so well! Only 19 more weeks to go! - Meg

    ReplyDelete