I might be a bit biased, but my son is so strong. I am so impressed by how good he can hold his head up for long periods of time. It is getting so much easier to hold him now that he has a little more body control. It's also fun to hold his arms while he stands on my belly. His legs seem so strong. I know he isn't anywhere near actually standing on his own, but I love doing this because he looks so goofy since he is so small. Ok, on that note I know he's not small compared to most 7.5 week old babies but he's still small to me. I think Jack is somewhere between 13-14lbs now. His 2 month doctor's appointment is on Friday. I'll be curious to see what percentile he is in (I suspect we'll still be in the 95th), and what the doctor has to say about it. Jack continues to be 100% breastfed, which has definitely gotten a lot easier over the last couple of weeks. It's just so convenient and so much easier not having to deal with washing bottles and mixing formula, not to mention all of the great benefits for Jack. Back to Jack being strong, here is a picture I took today of him holding his head up. I've really noticed him lifting it up higher the past couple of days. He even does it without crying now so I know he is concentrating on it, not just doing it out of rage.
Today I got the idea to run in the EP 5K on January 30th. The race is in conjunction with the Houston Marathon and Half Marathon. I have always hated running, but I think that to get these last 7 pounds off I need to try something different. Also I need to mix up my workouts at the gym a bit because I'm not sure how productive I am being. So today I started "training." I am so out of shape that I am really starting from square 1. I researched some training schedules online today and picked one to start out with. Basically today I just did intervals of running and walking. I'm going to wait a couple weeks before I register for the race just to make sure I am actually going to follow through on it before I fork up the $30 entry fee. Pete is even thinking about doing it with me, but isn't sure if his feet will hold up. So we'll see. Maybe by writing this on here it will help me stick to the goal of doing the 5K.
Pete took one final exam last night and has one more tomorrow night, then he'll be done with another semester of grad school. Only 1.5 years left!!! I am so proud of how well he has done so far. On Thursday night I am attending the BMO Client Holiday Party. It will be nice to see some of our clients and reconnect with the people I work with. Right now I am to the point where I am sad that my time at home with Jack is coming to an end (just one more month), but I am kind of excited to get back into having a routine and interacting with people at work. I really enjoy my job and the people I work with, which definitely will make it easier to go back. I'll miss my little guy though :(


No comments:
Post a Comment