This past week was absolutely crazy, but I'm glad it is now behind me and I can go back to "normal life". The past 2 weekends Pete and I attended 2 different crawfish boils. Last weekend was at a friend of his from college's brother's house in Katy, and this weekend was at my friend Alison's house. Both were a lot of fun! I am thankful that my doctor is so relaxed about whole pregnancy diet and didn't have any concern over me eating the little "bugs". I have to laugh because people have such preconceptions about what a pregnant woman can and can't eat. I know they mean well, but sometimes I just want to say "take is easy!" Here is a picture from last weekend with Andrea (my sister-in-law), John (Pete's brother), Monroe (Pete's friend), Pete, and me.
Then, as I mentioned before I was "on the road" or maybe I should say "in the air" all of last week. The trips to Santa Barbara and Oklahoma City were productive, so no complaints here. While I was out of the office it sounds like some big changes happened at work. My boss is moving to Chicago, and another guy (who I was actually in Cali with) is taking his position. I'm not sure of all the details yet, but I'm a little anxious just because it is one more big change to deal with. I have faith though that everything happens for a reason and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will turn out to be good for me and the other people I work with. Pete and I have been talking a lot about my nervousness of being a working mother. I know thousands of women are successful at being both every day, and that I can be too. There are sacrifices to come when it comes to how my time gets divided, but I'm thankful for a supportive husband and employer and I have faith that I can do it all or at least the strength to know when I can't and to get help.

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with eating cooked crawfish! People definitely need to relax. I ate a lot of deli meat while I was pregnant - couldn't give up those turkey sandwiches. Good for you for being relaxed! That's more important for Baby Guzmann!
ReplyDeleteAlso, it's normal to worry about being a working mom! You'll be great in whatever you do!
You're lookin' beautiful and glowy!!
Meg
It is so fun to watch your progress!!! You look great and we can't wait to meet Little Jack! Enjoy and take care! Love, Mrs. M....for matchmaker!
ReplyDelete