Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 11, 2010

26.5 weeks

Ok, I'm a little behind this week but here is a picture at about 26.5 weeks.

It's getting harder to post pictures on time since we have childbirth class on Thursday nights in July and don't usually get home until about 10:30pm.  Rest assured though that I am indeed getting bigger and bigger.  Everything has been going pretty well, but I did start having heartburn issues this week.  I think this has to do with Jack now having developed taste buds and he's finally reacting to the tart (lemonade/high pulp orange juice) and spicy foods (salsa/Mexican food) that I eat so regularly.  As a result I've had to start thinking a little more carefully about what/when I eat and hopefully this won't be as big of a problem going forward.  Also the back aches have begun :(  I notice that the way my back feels during the day is highly correlated to the amount of time I spend sleeping on my back the night before.  My new special body pillow has worked wonders in making side sleeping more comfortable and reminding me to stay on my side.  I've been sleeping so much better too, despite the many trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Last weekend we were in Michigan for the 4th of July!  The weather was awesome and it was so fun to spend time with my family (& Meg's).  Brad, Pete, and I went to Silver Beach one day which was a lot of fun.  The boys went in the water, but it was way too cold for me so I just enjoyed soaking in the sun.  On Sunday we attended my Godson, David's baptism.  I am so honored to be a Godmother for such a sweet little boy!  Meg's family had a little party at their house afterwards.  It was great to see them all and spend some time with Meg & David.  We then met up at Brad's apartment for the St. Joe fireworks later that night.  On Monday, Mom and I enjoyed being tourists in downtown St. Joe.  We walked around many of the shops before it was time to head down to the South Bend airport to go home.  Of course the trip was too short as always, but we'll see Mom, Dad, and Brad 5 weeks from now for a week in Myrtle Beach!!!!

Looking forward, this week should be pretty busy.  Pete has class Monday night, we're going out for his b-day dinner on Tuesday w/ John, Pete has class Wednesday night (his actual b-day), Thursday I have a doctor's appointment and we have childbirth class, then relaxing for another weekend!  I'm not really looking forward to my doctor's appointment this week because I have to do the Glucose test to check for gestational diabetes.  I had a 6 hour Glucose Tolerance Test done in high school and drinking the sugar substance and having my arm poked 6 times was pretty terrible.  The test this week is only a 1 hour test so shouldn't be nearly as bad, but still not looking forward to drinking that nasty sugar substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment