Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Great weekend!

These past 4 days have been a total blast! It was so great having my brother in town visiting us. I put Jack to bed Wednesday night, then as soon as Pete got home from class I headed up to the airport to pick up Brad! This was Brad's first time to meet his nephew, but since his flight didn't get in until 10:15pm, we made him wait until the next morning...sorry Uncle Brad! On the way home, we stopped at a May family favorite, Taco Cabana, for some tacos...yum! I don't think Pete and I have been there since we took the childbirth classes in July.

On Thursday afternoon we all headed to the Houston Zoo. None of us had ever been there before and we had a great time checking it out. It started to downpour about 20 minutes after we arrived, but luckily we were close to the reptile building. Then we found a covered bench so I could feed Jack because he was starting to get fussy. I think Pete and I are definitely getting more comfortable with me breastfeeding in public. I'm glad he is so supportive! That night we stopped at HEB and the guys picked out some delicious steaks! Pete grilled, Brad microwaved some veggies and cooked the rice, and I fed the baby. All in all a great day!

Our little family:

Check out the cute onesie that Uncle Brad bought for Jack before he was even born:


Friday we decided to head up the The Woodlands to walk around the mall. Jack wasn't cooperating in the stroller though so we mostly just walked and ate at the food court. Uncle Brad can't wait to take Jack on the carousel some day! The night we went to Rudy's for some BBQ bisket, ribs, and sausage...yum! Then, John met up with us and we all headed back to The Woodlands for a high school football game. Our high school, Klein Oak was the underdog but they came out victorious in the end! It was a really fun game and Jack seemed to really enjoy it.

A funny story from the game is that I packed a bottle of breastmilk for Pete to feed Jack at the game in case there wasn't anywhere comfortable for me to feed him. Well when we got to the game there was an empty section of bleachers so we sat there and I proceeded to nurse Jack (all covered up I might add). About 2 minutes later I overheard some high school girl 4 or 5 rows back say "OMG is she breastfeeding!". I just had to laugh to myself, believe me honey I never thought I'd be breastfeeding my son at a high school football game when I was her age but you gotta do what you gotta do. ;). Well by the time Jack was done eating I looked around and our section had become the student section. Needless to say we were all laughing. Jack was being so cute (it's pretty easy for him) and I could see several high school girls taking his picture on their phones. Pete overheard one girl say "I want one!". We both laughed and said "WAIT!"

Jack w/ Uncle John and Uncle Brad:

Jack w/ Daddy & Uncle John.....3 good looking Guzmann Men!
 
Jack ended up getting hungry towards the end of the game so he got his first ever bottle in public.  He sucked it down like a champ!


Saturday we took Brad to St. Arnold's Brewery in downtown Houston. We have always wanted to take him there, but somehow it never worked out. Anyway we had a blast and definitely earned our naps that afternoon, them from drinking and me well just because I deserve a nap too! Last night our friends Eric and Jessica came up to our house to meet Jack and hang out. It's so fun to have visitors! We took everyone out to our favorite Mexican restaurant in Spring, Juanita's. Everyone is so friendly there and they just love Jack!

Jack & Jessica:

Then this morning we had to drop Brad off at the airport. :( It was so hard to say goodbye and while we all kept it together during our goodbyes, we all cried when we parted ways. Luckily Brad will be back for Christmas with my parents for an entire week!!!!

Jack all dressed up for church (before he spit up all over this cute outfit):

Playing w/ Uncle Brad before he had to go home:



I am so thankful to have such a great brother. Brad was such a natural with Jack, always wanting to hold him and trying his best to calm him down in the car (which is basically impossible at this point). I can't say that Brad offered to change any diapers, but maybe at Christmas!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Sounds like a really wonderful weekend! Yeah, Uncle Brad! It's so hard living far away from family.

    And that story is hilarious! Haha!

    I can't wait to meet Jack and hang out with the Guzmanns in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! I definitely got a laugh out of those high school girls. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete