Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week recap

Wow I have been a bad blogger lately. I guess having a baby to take care of keeps me a bit busy...imagine that!
This past week, Pete's Aunt Beanie was in town visiting from Connecticut. She really spoiled us with amazing homecooked meals this week. She even baked an apple pie and pumpkin pie! Now Pete and I have to go on a diet though....need to get all the sweets out of the house.

Well I mentioned before that I was going to try something new with my hair. I ended up saying out with the blonde and in with the brunette. The last "highlighting" job I had done turned out way too light and made me think that I might want to try out my natural color this fall. Well after a round of low lights and a toner, I am now a brunette. I had blonde hair growing up, but sometime between high school and now my hair has really darkened. I only ever got a taste of it though as my roots grew out. The colorist convinced me that my natural color is nice and I should give it a try. I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with the change. While I was there I also had my layers freshened up and an inch or so trimmed off the bottom. The color is taking some time to get use to, but I am so glad I did it. Pete was even shocked when I got home, but he seems to like it too.



Hmmm what else? Last night we drove out to Katy (West side of Houston) to watch the UFC fight at a friend of a friends house. Well it takes like an hour to get out there and it was kind of late so I wasn't really sure how Jack would react. I nursed him before we left and then backed a bottle with us. I figured I could nurse him there, but sometimes around people its just easier to bring a bottle and luckily I had pumped a good amount that day. Well Jack was a perfect angel. I gave him the bottle around 9pm and he slept the entire time we were there just curled up on my chest. They ended up have problems ordering the fight (I didn't really care anyway), so they put in a movie. Jack and Mommy both slept very peacefully in the theater room of the house. I was almost sad when Pete woke me up and said it was time to go home. I was so enjoying snuggling with my baby that I convinced Pete to let Jack sleep in our bed last night (we never do that). Jack was a great little snuggle-bug and we all got good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment