Right now my feelings are bittersweet. It's kind of like the feeling I had before the first day of school each year, but different too. I went through so many different emotions during the past 12 weeks, partly I blame the hormones but also just adjusting to some major changes. I feel like Pete and I have come so far from those first weeks home with Jack. Don't get me wrong, we still look at eachother wondering what we're suppose to do next and Jack still has healthy lungs (as in he can sure cry), but I think we are so much more confident and know our baby so much better.
I met some really nice Moms and their babies through the Memorial Hermann Hospital Mom's group. I can't put into words how nice it was to have something scheduled every Monday to get me going. I really enjoyed meeting up with a few of the Moms for lunch and walks too. I hope to stay in touch with several of them and hopefully get together when I am off of work.
I am very grateful that Pete has 2 weeks until he starts back to school, which will give us some time to get into a routine.
I'm a little nervous about dropping Jack off at daycare tomorrow. I am confident that he will be well cared for, but I am sad that he will be there so many hours each day. Once again I'm sure he will be just fine and we'll all adjust.
I have all of Jack's bags mostly packed and ready to go. Once Jack is asleep, Pete and I are going to work on packing our things for work and our lunches/snacks. My new years resolution is to pack my lunch everyday. Since I'll be pumping probably 3 times a day and leaving earlier than everyone else, I am planning to eat lunch at my desk rather than take the usual hour lunch break. Also this will help me to eat healthier and probably save some money.
Well it's a new year which seems very fitting for my life. Tomorrow starts my entrance into the "working mom" world. Please say a prayer for a smooth transition for all of us.
I'll post an update on here tomorrow morning on the bus after we drop Jack off.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

You can do it. I know you can. All 3 of you will do very well!
ReplyDelete