Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Teething?

I'm about 95% sure that Jack has started the teething phase as of this weekend. He started drooling a lot a couple weeks back and has been chomping on his hands for at least a week. On Friday night he literally stayed up all night fussing, and when I finally thought to look in his mouth Saturday morning I saw what looked like a little white nub under the gum. I never noticed it before, so I have to believe that was at least part of the Friday night madness.

Thanks to my wonderful husband though I did manage to get 4 hours of completely uninterrupted sleep in the guest room that night. I have been getting up to nurse Jack at least once a night for the past 3 weeks, and while Pete tries to help if he can there really isn't much for him to do. Generally speaking he gets to sleep while I feed Jack, then if Jack doesn't go right back to sleep Pete will rock him for awhile. He has offered to give Jack a bottle some nights, but honestly I believe that the more I can nurse (vs pump) the better off I'll be in the long run with nursing. I'm trying to appreciate the quiet moments with Jack in the middle of the night because I know it won't always be like this.

Last night I met up with some of my friends for a dinner party at Alison's house. I cooked coconut shrimp for my dish to pass and I have to say I thought it was great! Everyone cooked such great dishes and it was a lot of fun. I was feeling pretty tired Saturday afternoon, but I'm glad I made the effort to get out of the house and meet up with my friends. It would have been fun if Pete could have come too, but I really enjoyed have a night "off.". I could talk to people and give them 100% of my attention, it felt great!

This morning we started the day with church. I was signed up to give blood afterwards, but it was taking too long and Jack needed to eat soon so I said sorry and that I'd try again next time. It's probably a good thing I didn't donate though because I seem to have the sniffles tonight....booo!

I miss the days of being able to take a decongestant to feel better. I read somewhere though that decongestants can make your milk dry up so I just have to live with the runny nose I guess. I'm just glad I feel fine otherwise. After church we continued our hunt for new furniture for the front room/living room. I really wanted a sleeper sofa since we are now down to 1 guestroom. Well today was our lucky day. We found a nice grey sleeper sofa and matching chair at Rooms to Go. I wouldn't say it was a steal of a deal, but it was reasonable and I think it will look really nice in the room. It's funny that this was my first ever couch to buy. So tonight began another round of "what can we sell on craigslist.". We listed the old couch and loveseat and my futon. The futon is great, but we don't really have room for it so hopefully someone else with have a home for it.

That was basically our weekend in a nutshell. Now just to get ready for another week.....
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

  1. I hope you all feel better soon! I'm glad you got a night out with the girls! Fun!

    ReplyDelete