Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Today's feeling = frustrated

After 3 days of work I'm feeling pretty frustrated. Being a mom is hardwork, but layer in going back to work and I feel pretty lost. I feel like I am constantly being pulled in too many directions. I feel like no matter what I do I'll be letting someone down. I feel like I'm needing to sneak out of work at 5:15, just so I can see my son for an hour or so. Then once he is asleep I pack everything for the next day and off to bed I go. I think there must be some limit to how efficient I can work just to keep on the treadmill. I know every parent struggles with this to some degree, but it will get better at some point right? I guess it will get better in about 20 years....

Getting off the bus now and driving home to see my best friend and my baby. I love Pete and Jack so much. I am so lucky to have such a supportive husband.

P.S. Jack was making some really silly noises last night when we were playing. He would make a screechy sound that was cracking me up.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. This is when you start saying NO to those other than Jack and Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to tell you, but it doesn't really get any easier. You just have to learn to prioritize. For example, my house is not as clean as I would like it to be, but I play with my kids at night! I used to bring work home on a regular basis, now I do not. Somedays are very overwhelming, other days you just accept it as your way of life!

    ReplyDelete