Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 17, 2011

Great day!

Today was a really great day. I accomplished not much other than spending time with my baby, but that was really my only priority anyway. Jack and slept in until about 8am, yes that is sleeping in these days. Jack woke up "starving" at 4:30am and was wide awake ready to start the day. I on the other hand really wanted to sleep so I just brought him into our bed he played quietly for awhile before finally falling asleep. It was fun to cuddle up with my little guy, and my big guy! I love our family! :)

In the morning Jack and I just hung out and played. He took a short nap, ate again, and we were off to meet Pete for lunch. It was nice to get a tour of his office and meet his coworkers and bosses. Jack had his "serious" face on the whole time we were there which made everyone laugh.

Then on the way home we stopped by Babies R Us. I didn't really plan to buy anything, but I've been doing a lot of research on convertible car seats and wanted to see them in person. I'm still not decided on exactly which one (well 2) we'll buy yet, but it was helpful to see them and the size in person. I know a lot of people have the Britax car seats which look very nice and get great reviews, but they are sooo expensive especially when you need to buy 2. Consumer Reports' top rated convertible car seat is the Evenflo Triumph. It is like half the price and got great reviews for safety and functionality. Any recommendations? Also while we were at Babies R Us I took Jack down the aisle with the jumperoos. Something about these just made me think it would be something Jack would like. So I picked out the Baby Einstein one and let him test it out. He had this big grin on his face and instantly started grabbing at things. He has just recently started having some control of his hands, so it was cool to see. Of course they didn't have any of this model in stock at that location, so home we went empty handed.

I got home and looked up the prices of the jumperoo online and called the other close by Babies R Us once I realized I had coupons that would make it basically the same price as ordering it on Amazon plus we'd have it tonight! Well they had it in stock, so off we went to pick it up. I got it all put together tonight and Jack got to play in it once Pete got home. It was a hit! Thanks Aunt Mary Ann and Uncle Dave for the money to buy it for Jack!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

  1. We love our jumperoo...B still uses it...he is small though!! We have 2 Britax car seats. We love them. They are so easy to install, and they even click when the seat belt is locked. We researched a lot, and then a couple of doctors told us to get Britax. I know they are expensive, but if you go through diapers.com, then you can usually get a really good deal! We were very patient and we searched...we have a boulavard and a roundabout. The Boulavard I think we ended up paying like 200 for, and the roundabout was about 100.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! You're already searching for convertible car seats?! We [moms in my group] are just now switching over.... I'm deciding between the Cosco Scenera - cheap car seat that has excellent crash test ratings - or the Sunshine Radian - which is really expensive but wouldn't be as bulky in our small car. The Britax car seats are just too bulky for our Versa! Good luck and I'm glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack looks so cute in this picture, Melissa! Glad he likes his new toy! :)

    ReplyDelete