Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

30 weeks!!!

Wow 30 weeks seems pretty substantial.  I feel like I've really accomplished something.  This is really becoming real now.  Only 10 more weeks to go.  3/4 of the way there....wow!

This week I decided it was time to remove the wedding/engagement rings.  My fingers have been swelling a bit and I was so afraid I'd end up needing to get them cut off some day (that actually happened to one of Pete's friends), so I figured they will just get locked away for the next couple of months.  I felt like singing "All the single ladies!"  Actually I really miss my rings, and now I'm afraid people will think I'm an unwed mother.  Oh well.  Pete said he would be worried except I have a big belly so that should keep the guys away.

Here is the BIG 30 week picture:

2 comments:

  1. You look GREAT! I'm so excited for you. I agree - when I hit 30 weeks in both of my pregnancies, all of a sudden it was very real...probably because I knew I'd eventually (very soon) get to those exciting weeks of 37, 38, 39...it's the "thirty!" :) I had the same issue with swelling in my pregnancy with E, but I didn't want to go without a ring on my finger (too many stares and judgement, in my experience), so I bought an inexpensive sterling silver ring in a bigger size at Kohl's. It was a really simple design and could have passed as a wedding band, so that kept the Judgey McJudgertons away.

    ReplyDelete