Here is a picture of the one we have:
We also received the tummy time activity mat. I think this is the same, if not very similar, to the one Meg's son David has. We really liked the colors and simplistic nature of this mat versus many of the other ones on the market that seemed to have too much going on.
Here is a picture of the mat:
Tonight Pete and I also made a quick trip to Babies R Us to use 2 20% off coupons we had that were about to expire. I know they give you these coupons just to get you in the store, but we had specific items in mind so I feel like we did pretty good. I wanted to get 1 nursing bra to put in my hospital bag that we are going to start packing soon. I know maybe 6 weeks out I don't need to get freaked out about packing my bag, but after a friend of mine had her baby 4 weeks early last week it got me thinking that I need to start getting prepared. The one I purchased is kind of like a sports bra and is super comfy and feels pretty supportive. I only wanted to buy one because I'm not really sure what size I'll need or what style I will want for the long haul but this will be a good start. Also we purchased a fitted sheet for the pack and play.
My back has been pretty sore the last couple of days, well maybe its been sore since vacation I'm not sure. I've been icing it a bit during the day at work, and again when I get home at night. I've been sleeping on my side pretty well so not really sure what else I can do at this point. Other than that I'm doing well. I think I've been eating pretty healthy lately. I discovered these new Lean Cuisine's at the grocery store last week that have made for great, cheap lunches at work. And, the are only 5 WW points! Now don't think I'm dieting, but I feel much better when I am eating healthier and these are really quite filling. The ones I have tried so far are a bag of chicken or shrimp with veggies, noodles, and a sauce. You just microwave the bag for 5 minutes, poor into a bowl and its a pretty good meal. I've been eating a sandwich midmorning and a piece of fruit in the afternoon, and then I'm ready for dinner when I get home. I think it helps me to space out my meals throughout the day too, rather than just 3 meals a day.



All very smart decisions! In the middle of the night, it makes a huge difference to have the baby in your room. I used to ask Chris to "bring him to me." Haha! For some reason 10 steps seemed like a lot. Lol. Love the idea of a soft nursing bra for the hospital! Comfort is a plus!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou'll love the play mat!
Meg
Hi Melissa! Sounds like things are coming together for you guys! I can't believe you only have 6-weeks left! WOW! :) I can't wait to do our Baby Registry. We are also going to register at Babies R Us. Glad you got some neat items. I am taking notes on all this stuff! :)
ReplyDelete