Also yesterday morning some idiot decided it would be a good idea to run across 5 lanes of traffic on Interstate 45. Needless to say he was hit and killed, causing the highway to be shutdown for much of the morning commute. I usually take the bus which uses the HOV lane, but since they opened the HOV lane to all vehicles that was basically pointless. I decided to just drive myself to work yesterday because I really needed to get there by 9 for a conference call. Well driving turned out to be beneficial for more than one reason. I got to work just in time for my one hour conference call and headed home afterwards. Yes, I actually drove more than I was at work.
We actually made a little visit to labor and delivery yesterday, although the whole time I thought it was dumb and totally ridiculous. I called the doctor's office because that's what they tell you to do if you have any questions. Well I've been having this dull pain in my lower pelvis/pubic region for a couple days and it felt even worse yesterday. At no point was I really in serious pain, but I started wondering if maybe I had a bladder infection or something. Well the nurse told me to work from home and drink lots of fluids. By the time I got home they called back and said to go to the hospital to rule out preterm labor. Grrrrr I tried to convince her that wasn't necessary and that I should just come into the office, but she said really I just needed to get checked out at the hospital. Well 2 hours later and $611 (thankfully insurance will cover 80%), I went home with no information other than I shouldn't go into preterm labor in the next 2 weeks. Duh!
In all fairness I know the doctor's office just wanted to make sure there were no problems and it probably did help me sleep a little better last night, but I just wish they would have had me come into their office. I felt pretty ridiculous showing up to the hospital, especially since we had no idea where to go (not taking the tour until next month). Oh well everyone was really nice and it made me even more excited for when it is the real deal!
After the hospital we stopped at Chick-fil-a for lunch since by that point it was already 3:30pm and neither of us had really eaten lunch. We then just went home, logged into our work computers for a bit and relaxed the night away. A nice end to a crazy day.
We actually made a little visit to labor and delivery yesterday, although the whole time I thought it was dumb and totally ridiculous. I called the doctor's office because that's what they tell you to do if you have any questions. Well I've been having this dull pain in my lower pelvis/pubic region for a couple days and it felt even worse yesterday. At no point was I really in serious pain, but I started wondering if maybe I had a bladder infection or something. Well the nurse told me to work from home and drink lots of fluids. By the time I got home they called back and said to go to the hospital to rule out preterm labor. Grrrrr I tried to convince her that wasn't necessary and that I should just come into the office, but she said really I just needed to get checked out at the hospital. Well 2 hours later and $611 (thankfully insurance will cover 80%), I went home with no information other than I shouldn't go into preterm labor in the next 2 weeks. Duh!
In all fairness I know the doctor's office just wanted to make sure there were no problems and it probably did help me sleep a little better last night, but I just wish they would have had me come into their office. I felt pretty ridiculous showing up to the hospital, especially since we had no idea where to go (not taking the tour until next month). Oh well everyone was really nice and it made me even more excited for when it is the real deal!
After the hospital we stopped at Chick-fil-a for lunch since by that point it was already 3:30pm and neither of us had really eaten lunch. We then just went home, logged into our work computers for a bit and relaxed the night away. A nice end to a crazy day.

I hope today was better and that you found your pendant! Meg :-)
ReplyDelete