Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1 month!

We are officially down to 1 month to Jack's "due date"!  I'm really getting excited now and I know Pete is too.  We had a great weekend at Infant Care class on Saturday and then a hospital tour on Sunday.  Infant Care class was very informative.  Mostly the nurse just went through what to expect while we're in the hospital and some tips for when we get home.  I think learning how to swaddle a baby was the most beneficial thing.  Here is a picture of Pete after he practiced on a stuffed gorilla (we didn't have any baby dolls at home):


The hospital tour was really great too.  If all things go according to plan I'll be giving birth at St. Luke's in The Woodlands ( http://www.stlukeswoodlands.com/OurServices/Family-Birthing-Center.cfm ).  The hospital is very new and everyone we have met there has been very friendly.  I expected to hear people yelling and running all over the place, but it was so peaceful.  You even have a view of a pretty lake from your room and can order room service whenever you want (after giving birth).

Yesterday morning Pete met with the pediatrician we picked out.  I was wanted to go, but we decided I should probably just go to work and he could handle it.  Apparently it is not normal for a dad to handle this meeting because everyone kept asking for Mrs. Guzmann and asking if I was coming.  Pete asked the couple of questions we had, called me with a couple questions they had for me, and that was that.  He said he wasn't wowed, but that they place was nice and we can always find a new doctor if this one doesn't work out.  We like that the office is close to our house/daycare and has urgent care hours at night and on the weekends.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! One-month! I remember when you first announced it on FB. I am so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see photos! :)

    ReplyDelete