Oh wait this isn't Christmas, but the anticipation is so much better! This past weekend I started "packing the hospital bag." Well actually I only put like 2 things in the bag, but I started a list at least. I realized that most of the things I will want to take to the hospital I either hadn't bought yet or use everyday so wouldn't pack until we were ready to go. I think just having a list is the important thing though and I did put the digital camera, Flip Video, and corresponding chargers in a central spot so they can be packed easily. Oh and I made sure all batteries were charged and memory cards empty!
Today after work I stopped at Target to get a gift for a friend that had her baby a couple of weeks ago and I am finally going over to see them tomorrow night. She had a baby girl 4 weeks early, so needless to say they were a little shocked when her water broke at a work happy hour. Thankfully Mommy and baby are both very healthy and doing well. I'm excited to see them and hear her birth story! It was fun shopping for little girl clothes too :)
While at Target I picked up a few things that were on my "hospital packing list" and just some things we've been wanting to get. We are having our car seat installed and inspected next week and since Pete has leather seats in his car I wanted to make sure we had a seat protector pad before the appointment. Since they weren't too pricey I got one for my car too. I'm not sure how important it is for cloth seats, but it couldn't hurt. I also got a box of disposable nursing pads. I'm hoping I won't need them too much, but if I'm anything like my mom was it sounds like I need to get a Sam's Club membership and buy in bulk....hahaha. Speaking of nursing, Meg mentioned that Target had nursing tank tops that she really liked. Well I've been searching all around for nursing tanks and never thought Target would have them since I hadn't seen them in the maternity section before. Well thankfully I took her advice and found them in the regular bra section of the store. They were exactly what I was looking for, so for now I bought 1 black and 1 white tank top. They also had a pretty decent nursing bra selection, but I couldn't decide what size to get and was getting cranky so I'll have to try that again later. I think that was about all I got, oh and some new lipstick because apparently I'm never going to make it to Sephora to get my usual one and it is beyond gone!

You sound so prepared for the hospital. I can't wait to see Jack's coming home outfit!
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't have to use the nursing pads, but, yeah, if you're anything like me or your mom, you'll need them....for a long while. I'm still leaking all over the place! A lot of my mom stopped leaking a long time ago. Hopefully you'll have their luck! I was always told to feel blessed I had so much milk. I guess that's true. :-) Oh, and I found the Medela disposable nursing pads to be the most absorbent and affordable.
Yay for the nursing tanks working!
Awesome those are the pads that I bought!
ReplyDelete