Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

35 weeks!!

5ish weeks left.....yeah!  I'm really getting excited now.  Well part of the excitement is knowing that my days at work are limited.  It seems like everyday is busier than the one before.  I'm not sure how many 10-11 hour work days I can handle though.  On Saturday morning we have an Infant Care Basics class at the hospital, then Pete is meeting up with his group for Stats to finish up a homework assignment that they have.  I think I'll go into work for a few hours on Saturday as well because I just have so much that must be done by Monday, not to mention it's review time and I need to get my year end self-evaluation done and review about 20 other people in my office.  Oh and October 31 is our fiscal year end so I need to finish up all of the annual compliance training online courses before I start my maternity leave.  I just want my exit from work to be as smooth as possible so I don't have to do anything work related once Jack is here.  The thing that complicates that is having no definite date when my last day will be.  At this point I'm planning to work right up until I have him.  Maybe in a few weeks I'll ask if I can work from home though...we'll see, just taking it one day at a time now.

Other than me being crazy busy at work and Pete being swamped with school work, we are trying to make time to have some fun.  We don't have any plans yet for this weekend, but definitely want to go out and do some things that won't be quite so easy once our little guy is here.

On Tuesday I attended the 1st session of Infant Baptism classes at our church.  Pete wasn't able to attend (due to his Fantasy Football draft which was obviously more important....NOT), but he to be honest he didn't miss much.  Mostly one of the church members just read a bunch of quote about parenthood and we talked about values we want to pass down to our children.  The 2nd session is next Tuesday and they are suppose to talk more about the actual Sacrament of Baptism.  Thankfully Pete will be able to attend with me this time.  And we're finally going on the hospital tour on Sunday afternoon!  I don't know why I am so excited about this, but to be honest...I am!

And here is me at 35 weeks:

And just because someday we will laugh at this, here is a picture of how much we packed for our weekend away this past weekend.  Yes, just one small little piece of luggage for 2 people.  I can only imagine how much we'll be packing for a weekend away once Jack is here....assuming we ever get away!

3 comments:

  1. I hope work gets easier soon. Take it easy, mama!

    So smart of you to take the baptismal classes before Jack is born!

    You look puuuuuuuuuurty!!!! Such a beautiful preggo!

    Have a good weekend!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, the counter says only about 30 days to go!!!! Jack will be here so soon! I can't wait to meet him!!!!

    ReplyDelete